Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing 2 inch cast-iron heating sweep bend fitting( in subfloor ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P4fal

Hi guys
Does anybody know the best way to replace this sweep bend pipefitting it is approximately 50 to 60 mm across the diameter of the bear pipework , When measured, problem is this is cast-iron Central heating pipework buried below a sub floor in a rather large early 1900s house
The corroded bend appears to have a threded Coupling on either end, removing the existing bend is probably doable but replacing it with a new fitting looks a bit tricky, please have a look at the photographs let me know if you have any good suggestions ( heating is already drained down )
Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 37
Chase more of the floor and cut and thread further back and use a union one side but be warned it might be pined holed/ thin in places

Looks like 1 1/2 iron to me
If it were me, I'd cut out the bend and couplers and use 2 mechanical connectors and a new bend
I can't remember the name of the fittings, but they clamp around the pipe
Wouldn't want to put any more stress on the pipes by using a threader, as they may well leak elsewhere

Thanks for the replying Guys
We decided to remove the 2" iron sweep bend attach 2x 2 inch male iron to compression couplings and then make our own bend in 2 inch copper and attach ,( leaving the two existing 2 inch iron Copling is in place on the original pipework, just had to use a little bit of heat and gentle persuasion of the joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing 2 inch cast-iron heating sweep bend fitting( in subfloor ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock