Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement TRV RADIATOR VALVES in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening

I need to replace 5 TRV valves in my flat . I would like to replace with decent quality ones. Does anybody have any recommendations Which would be very much appreciated.
I have attached a picture of
current trv.
Thank you in advance
Peter

Attachments

• AE0D87E4-1B3D-4492-A76E-42EFB0DB5E94.jpeg
    AE0D87E4-1B3D-4492-A76E-42EFB0DB5E94.jpeg
    809.2 KB · Views: 18
Honeywell Valencia are my choice but to be honest are starting to look a bit dated , however I have fitted hundreds and never had to change one.

I have just moved from Honeywell to these. I find these better quality personally and they are the same price range as the Valencia’s.

Attachments

• A56A7CB6-0F9A-4320-930B-C55008E5A061.jpeg
    A56A7CB6-0F9A-4320-930B-C55008E5A061.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
100% agree with the above danfoss ras c2 bi directional so if one is on the return it doesn’t matter just follow the instructions and your good

Good quality trv that looks good and for a decent price

I have just moved from Honeywell to these. I find these better quality personally and they are the same price range as the Valencia’s.
A lot of companies say that there TRV’s are bi directional but after a few years you get a dull bang from them. These have a mechanical part you position when the valve is on the flow or return.

Honeywell Valencia are my choice but to be honest are starting to look a bit dated , however I have fitted hundreds and never had to change one.
Hello Townfanjon
Thanks for your swift response. I will have a look at them
Kind Regards
Peter
[automerge]1571333568[/automerge]
Thank you
I will have a look at thee as well
Peter
[automerge]1571333596[/automerge]
100% agree with the above danfoss ras c2 bi directional so if one is on the return it doesn’t matter just follow the instructions and your good

Good quality trv that looks good and for a decent price
Thanks
Peter

A lot of companies say that there TRV’s are bi directional but after a few years you get a dull bang from them. These have a mechanical part you position when the valve is on the flow or return.
That’s why I use Danfoss. The whole cartridge revolves, so the flow is always the correct way

Hello Again
Thanks for all the helpful recommendations. I have been reading online today and the Danfoss TRV’s seem to get a lot of positive comments. It there any point paying any more than this price range for a TRV or not really . The original ones I have are the cheapest so I have been told and I don’t want to make the same mistake again.

thanks again
Peter
[automerge]1571417211[/automerge]
Thanks Chalked

I agree with my fellow engineers the go to Trv's are Honeywell Valencia they work well are reasonably priced as a pack, no water noise on shut down and bi directional saying that I have Danfoss fitted in my own home and have no complaints i would use them if readily available off the shelf at my supplier if price allowed. Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20191018_161602.jpg
    IMG_20191018_161602.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 15714668880691810095238900899890.jpg
    15714668880691810095238900899890.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
I agree with my fellow engineers the go to Trv's are Honeywell Valencia they work well are reasonably priced as a pack, no water noise on shut down and bi directional saying that I have Danfoss fitted in my own home and have no complaints i would use them if readily available off the shelf at my supplier if price allowed. Kop
Hello Kop
Thanks for posting
With your recommendation as well I think inwill go for the danfoss TRV s
Thanks to everyone who posted you have been very helpful.
Peter

Reply to Replacement TRV RADIATOR VALVES in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock