From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Replacement TRV RADIATOR VALVES in the Valves & Taps area at PlumbersForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Good evening

I need to replace 5 TRV valves in my flat . I would like to replace with decent quality ones. Does anybody have any recommendations Which would be very much appreciated.
I have attached a picture of
current trv.
Thank you in advance
Peter

Attachments

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Honeywell Valencia are my choice but to be honest are starting to look a bit dated , however I have fitted hundreds and never had to change one.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
100% agree with the above danfoss ras c2 bi directional so if one is on the return it doesn’t matter just follow the instructions and your good

Good quality trv that looks good and for a decent price

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
I have just moved from Honeywell to these. I find these better quality personally and they are the same price range as the Valencia’s.
A lot of companies say that there TRV’s are bi directional but after a few years you get a dull bang from them. These have a mechanical part you position when the valve is on the flow or return.

Honeywell Valencia are my choice but to be honest are starting to look a bit dated , however I have fitted hundreds and never had to change one.
Hello Townfanjon
Thanks for your swift response. I will have a look at them
Kind Regards
Peter
Post automatically merged:

I have just moved from Honeywell to these. I find these better quality personally and they are the same price range as the Valencia’s.
Thank you
I will have a look at thee as well
Peter

100% agree with the above danfoss ras c2 bi directional so if one is on the return it doesn’t matter just follow the instructions and your good

Good quality trv that looks good and for a decent price
Thanks
Peter

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A lot of companies say that there TRV’s are bi directional but after a few years you get a dull bang from them. These have a mechanical part you position when the valve is on the flow or return.
That’s why I use Danfoss. The whole cartridge revolves, so the flow is always the correct way

Hello Again
Thanks for all the helpful recommendations. I have been reading online today and the Danfoss TRV’s seem to get a lot of positive comments. It there any point paying any more than this price range for a TRV or not really . The original ones I have are the cheapest so I have been told and I don’t want to make the same mistake again.

thanks again
Peter

Thanks Chalked

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
I agree with my fellow engineers the go to Trv's are Honeywell Valencia they work well are reasonably priced as a pack, no water noise on shut down and bi directional saying that I have Danfoss fitted in my own home and have no complaints i would use them if readily available off the shelf at my supplier if price allowed. Kop

Attachments

I agree with my fellow engineers the go to Trv's are Honeywell Valencia they work well are reasonably priced as a pack, no water noise on shut down and bi directional saying that I have Danfoss fitted in my own home and have no complaints i would use them if readily available off the shelf at my supplier if price allowed. Kop
Hello Kop
Thanks for posting
With your recommendation as well I think inwill go for the danfoss TRV s
Thanks to everyone who posted you have been very helpful.
Peter

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Hello Kop
Thanks for posting
With your recommendation as well I think inwill go for the danfoss TRV s
Thanks to everyone who posted you have been very helpful.
Peter
Great choice matey. Keep us updated and you know where we are if you have anymore questions.

Reply to Replacement TRV RADIATOR VALVES in the Valves & Taps area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net