Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement thermostatic radiator valve heads in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I installed central heating in my house about 22 years ago using bog standard Screwfix 15mm angled thermostatic valves marked E.C.A. where needed.

The plastic has become brittle with age so the lugs which are clamped by the retaining ring have snapped off. I'd like to just replace the head but need to find compatible ones. My son has replaced two of his heads with so-called smart ones. I thought I could use his old ones which have the same size retaining rings (M30 x 1.5) but the hexagonal recess which fits over a nut in the static part of the head is smaller than that of the Screwfix valve (15.7mm hex A/F vs 18.8mm).

Any ideas where I can find compatible ones?

Just replace the whole valve.

Stop being cheap

How do you know new trv heads will work or maybe the valve will malfunction in a day, week etc. then you have more hassle.

Do the job once, do it properly

Reply to Replacement thermostatic radiator valve heads in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock