Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement synchron motor for Honeywell zone valve in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ringer

The motor on my Honeywell V4043 zone valve has stopped working so I need a replacement. Seems I can get a genuine Honeywell one for approx £25 or a pattern part off ebay for about £8. Has anyone here used a pattern replacement, and what is your opinion on how good they are? Money is tight at the moment, but I don't want to throw eight quid down the drain if it's only going to last a short time.

You can get a replacement from tool station about £10.50.

Used a few similar ones seem okay. Check the watt's though, they can vary.

Well I have never paid £25.00 for a syncron motor and if honeywell are charging that for one of their official syncron motors they are taking the micky,the price for one is around £10 to £14.00 ,be carfull of flee bay stuff but if you get yourself to a plumbers merchant,you can pick a good ,realiable replacement syncron motor for around that price,that works just as well as the honeywell one,propably made by the same company:)

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
ive yet to see one that isnt marked made in canada which has always made me think they are all the same

City Plumbing (owned by Travis Perkins) quoted me £38 + vat for a genuine Honeywell replacement! Their 'universal' one had 'made in USA' written on it, and was £14+vat, and had a spade connector on.
So I followed Bernie's advice and went to my local Tool Station (they only opened in Northampton last month) and paid £10.24 including vat for Tower group replacement which had crimp caps included. Was probably made in the far east as it was unmarked/unbranded - but it seems (so far) to work. Weighs a bit less than the Honeywell and perhaps opens a little slower, but that is acceptable.
Thanks for your input guys. If you have any electrical queries you can find me over on the Electrician's forum.

I just paid £78 to have a replacement Honeywell Synchron motor fitted.
Two guys came and diagnosed the problem, fitted the motor and everything worked.
They took 25 minutes total. I am happy with that because snow is forecast this weekend but I just want to know if this fee is considered OK as I may need to use them again. Comments please.
Thanks
Bob

Synhcron motor £15-£25 labour £60-£50 not a bad price.

I was told by the Honeywell technical guy on an official Honeywell course 25 years ago that the quality replacement motor had blue wires and is heavy duty. They are also packaged in box/bubble rap because motors are susceptable to impact damage. The blue wired motors are usually about £15-£25 compared to orange wired at £7.50-£12.50.

The orange wired motors are less robust. I have had several jobs since where customers complained about regular replacement motors on s plan systems, so I replaced with blue wired and had longer stints between subsequent replacements. Basically you will get 5 years plus from a blue wired motor, but only between 2-5 years on an orange wired motor - anecdotal evidence only, so don't hold me to this, but it seems the honeywell guy was telling some truth in my experience.

Anyone who has been in this game long enough will know that the honeywell motorised valves are by far the most reliable, which is helped by their rubber ball technology as opposed to 'rotating shoe' type water sections. The rotating shoe valve such as danfos have pop-riveted orange wired motors that are suseptable to resistance of movement in the water section caused by magnatite locating between the rotating shoe and the valve body. These danfoss motors are not replaceable and the whole actuator head has to be replaced when faulty - truth is on these valves, you need to replace the water section as well - with the honeywell you don't.

I just paid £78 to have a replacement Honeywell Synchron motor fitted.
Two guys came and diagnosed the problem, fitted the motor and everything worked.
They took 25 minutes total. I am happy with that because snow is forecast this weekend but I just want to know if this fee is considered OK as I may need to use them again. Comments please.
Thanks
Bob

I think that price is pretty spot on if not a tiny bit too cheap. You could have had someone drain the system, fit a whole new valve and charge you £200. Keep the guys number :)

Thanks to all you guys who took time to reply. I really appreciate your comments and yes, I will certainly use this firm again. Thanks.

come accross one a few years ago undid screws and started to pull off and noticed the water comming out so re fitted quick

Look for the nipple if it has one ( Honeywell only ) plough on. If not drain down before stripping.

Honeywell ones have blue wires, cheap ones have orange wires, blue wired ones are heavy duty and will outlast the orange ones by miles, some of the cheap one won't even manage 24 months ?

Please register with the forum, then you can start your own thread all about synchron motors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement synchron motor for Honeywell zone valve in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock