Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Shower Arm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Because there is a 5 inch gap between the tiled plaster board and the faceplate elbow screwed to the noggin I need to join an extension to my new shower arm to ensure sufficient length of arm into the shower cubicle.
I will therefore have 2 joins. The 1/2 inch BSP thread of the showerarm into the extension and the 1/2 inch BSP thread of the extension into the fixed wall plate.
My question is what is the best method to ensure a water tight seal on both these joints. Do I use a rubber washer or just sealing tape such as ptfe or locktite string?
Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Loctite 55 here.
How will the rubber washer seal a male/female joint without a sealing face.

Good advice thanks. I have not yet removed the old arm or purchased the extension so I am not sure about the sealing face situation. I imagine the face plate on the noggin is likely to have a sealing face but not sure about the extension. Sounds like the best option is a sealing washer if the fitting allows it or otherwise Loctite cord or maybe both if the situation allows it. Is that the way to go?

How will you get the washer into the wall fitting??

Reply to Replacement Shower Arm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock