Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Radiator Bleed Valve Grub Screw ( Air / Bleeding) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

First post for me on the forum!

I have old radiators in the house (about 12-15 years). Single flat panel with fins.

Writing on radiator: BS 3528 and further on FEK 1 A.

Bleed System - The bleed screw, screws directly into the back face of the radiator.

Pictures are worth viewing.

We got a baby on the way for the new year! Expected Jan 1st!

I really do get that these 'might' be hard to find. But I will try, try and try. That is why I am asking any of you - could you please give me some suggestions or pointers, no matter how small?

Many Thanks,

Leo.

:17:

A 2.jpgA 1.jpgA 3.jpgDSC01276.jpgDSC01275.jpgDSC01274.jpgDSC01271.jpgDSC00161.jpgDSC00160.jpgDSC00155.jpgDSC00154.jpgDSC00151.jpgDSC01278.jpg

could be worth going down to your local scrap yard to see if they have any old radiators which you could get the bleed screws from should be the same size

Thanks Steveb - I live in Isleworth - Near Heathrow airport.

I have tried - but no joy - I only know of 1 - Spaceway recycling yard in Feltham - they had none there.

What other possibilities are there - some more ideas everybody please.

Thanks steveb,

Leo

Try bes.co.uk item 6917 or 6916, buy one at 17p and if it fits buy the rest only problem is ÂŁ5 postage

You could see if there have been any left in the display models?

I have these exact bleed screws in my rads, If you go to Tool station they do an auto bleed replacement for these and they do work.
only t
310sm.png

hing to look out for they are easy to snap off if over tightened,

Last edited by a moderator:
very last resort drill a 3 mm hole in top of rad, and get a small self tapper ,bit of ptfe and screw it in unscrew to bleed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Radiator Bleed Valve Grub Screw ( Air / Bleeding) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and the old cast iron radiators need a refresh, and i'm going to fit some new bleed valves amongst other things. The female thread in most of the rads...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock