Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Pump for Wilo Gold 50 Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Was wondering if anyone could advise a good value replacement for the willo gold 50 pump , looked at so many now i am confused .

Wilo Yonos 1-5 m 130mm width pump will replace it.
You can get much cheaper pumps including versions of the Wilo under a different brand name.

Grundfos ups2 15-60 will fit also

Yes I have been looking at that or the 6m as this is what the Wilo site advises the 6m yanos seems a good price at wicks , just didn’t know if the cheaper ones are false economy .

The heating system is becoming a bit of headeach ,
3 port valve is having issues , known about that for a while , pump has started leaking from the bleed screw for that last few days after bathroom fitter was up there.

So have decided to change it all in one go get only pump left to order

Thank you for your reply

Yes I have been looking at that or the 6m as this is what the Wilo site advises the 6m yanos seems a good price at wicks , just didn’t know if the cheaper ones are false economy .

The heating system is becoming a bit of headeach ,
3 port valve is having issues , known about that for a while , pump has started leaking from the bleed screw for that last few days after bathroom fitter was up there.

So have decided to change it all in one go get only pump left to order

Thank you for your reply

I had a brand new Wilo from screwfix, iirc it was extremely noisy and didn’t flow well, I rang their tech helpline - a very nice chap, told me it shouldn’t happen and to take it back. I did and fitted a Grundfos. :D

A lot of those pumps in your link are being sold under various names.
They are a clone of the old Grundfoss and total rubbish.
Only time to consider using one of them is if you were selling your home shortly

The new digital displays on the willo just seem to me more things that can go wrong. I’m not a believer in over complicating a simple pump.

The display is handy for setting the pump and confirming it is running at chosen setting and wattage, showing the variation (on variable setting) of both when system zones and rads close.
But agree with you, all these electronics in a hot pump just results in short lifespan

The old Wilo pump lasted 15 years if it wasn’t for the slight leak from the bleed screw I’d leave it in place.
But as I know I have a sticky 3 port valve and a failed actuator my thoughts were to get it all changed in one plumbers visit .

Last edited:

Reply to Replacement Pump for Wilo Gold 50 Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock