Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Wirsbo (Uponor) underfloor heating system installed in my bungalow in 1999/2000 using two Wirsbo area packs. This was later upgraded by installing electric actuators and wireless thermostats in each room. However I have noticed recently that two of the rooms are not getting warm although the thermostats are calling for heat. This appears to be because some of the valves are sticking when the actuators open.
Zone Pack Manifold.jpgManifold Valve.jpgIMG_2233 (Large).jpg

After numerous enquiries to online UFH suppliers Wotjek confirmed that this is likely a TA 11/4” Manifold and that the manifold and parts are now obsolete. (Pictures of the manifold and valve for further information).
I have spoken to Uponor technical services department and the chap I spoke to said the parts were obsolete and I would have to change the manifold. The problem I have (apart from the time of year to drain down the heating) is that the pipes coming up through the floor are only about 250mm long so there is not much movement or slack. If the centres of the replacement manifold are different then they won't line up. Also I suspect the new terminations are different meaning Ill have to cut 25-30mm off the pipes to put a new termination on.

Do any of the tradesmen on this site know of anywhere that may have old stock? Even an old manifold sitting in someones garage or van with a number of the pin valves might help as I could remove them and see if they can be serviced.

Also can you tell me if these valves contain a spring that opens the valve and against which the actuator works or does it reply on the pressure of the return flow to push the valves of the seat?

I have tried gently lifting the pins with a pair of pliers but they don't appear to have any resistance and fall shut again. Either the springs have got weak or the rubber washers have stuck on the seat.

Any information would be great fully received, either about the valves or where I might find some old stock

Fozzie

Also can you tell me if these valves contain a spring that opens the valve and against which the actuator works or does it reply on the pressure of the return flow to push the valves of the seat?

Looking at the picture of spares for the 1" manifold on page 4 if the 1 1/4 " is a similar design, I'd say no spring;

https://issuu.com/ashford/docs/uponor_spares_2012

However if the valve relies on flow pressure to open it, it may be the pipework is blocked under the floor and there is no flow.
Could be a case of trying to blow out the relevant loop to clear it.

Could you swop valve inserts between working and non working loops?

Or try opening up the return adjustment for the non workers?

Last edited:
Looking at your pics. I would say the heads are working , but the valve inserts are jammed.
If you isolate the water and power for the manifold. You can then remove the inserts, clean them and grease. Do the same with the retire valves too.

Hi Fozzie,

You could try try to clean and grease them (as Chalked advised). The good sign is - they are not leaking.

We sell the pin valves for similar WGF manifold which is similar but not the same and pin valves are different.

We've had a customer years ago (old enginner) who ordered the one for WGF manifold, removed the existing one and took both of them into the pieces and made one pin valve from two.
It took some time and he had to cut some of the parts but as he said - "I'm retired engineer and got plenty of time and patience to do it" :)

New pin valves (for WGF manifold) have got a spring, I believe the ones for TA manifold would have a spring too.

Pin valves for WGF manifold are here:
Uponor Pin/Valve Replacement - WGF Manifold (09/12) - uHeat

They are out of stock but I should have 15No of them today or tomorrow.

I've just checked ebay if there's anyone who sells old Wirsbo manifolds and couldn't find anyone I'm afraid.

Looking at your pics. I would say the heads are working , but the valve inserts are jammed.
If you isolate the water and power for the manifold. You can then remove the inserts, clean them and grease. Do the same with the retire valves too.

Thanks Chalked. It is my assumption that the valves are jammed. However I cannot remove them until I have at least one spare to put back in in-case it gets damaged on removal (rubber O Ring) etc. Thanks to Snowhead I may have found two on Plumb Centre. I have ordered them and will wait until they arrive before doing more.
Fozzie

If it is the valve then, maybe long shot as the online stock isn't always correct but;

Uponor wirsbo valve (for old 1 1/4" flow manifold) | Plumb Center

Shows 1 in stock in Lincoln.
Maybe others but ring any Plumbcenter and they'll tell you if there is stock available.

Thanks Snowhead. PlumbCentre had two one at Lincoln and also hopefully one at Weymouth. Hopefully they are the right ones as there was no image on the website. I have rung them and the sales team gave me the Uponor part number and I was able to search on that and it brought up images that look like the valves fitted to my manifolds. Fingers crossed but thanks again.
Fozzie

Hi Fozzie,

You could try try to clean and grease them (as Chalked advised). The good sign is - they are not leaking.

We sell the pin valves for similar WGF manifold which is similar but not the same and pin valves are different.

We've had a customer years ago (old enginner) who ordered the one for WGF manifold, removed the existing one and took both of them into the pieces and made one pin valve from two.
It took some time and he had to cut some of the parts but as he said - "I'm retired engineer and got plenty of time and patience to do it" :)

New pin valves (for WGF manifold) have got a spring, I believe the ones for TA manifold would have a spring too.

Pin valves for WGF manifold are here:
Uponor Pin/Valve Replacement - WGF Manifold (09/12) - uHeat

They are out of stock but I should have 15No of them today or tomorrow.

I've just checked ebay if there's anyone who sells old Wirsbo manifolds and couldn't find anyone I'm afraid.

Thanks Woktek, Plumbcentre gave me a Uponor part number of 1034386. Are you able to tell from your catalogues that this is the correct valve for the 1 1/4" manifold? I have also found some Swedish and Norweigen companies that list these valves but they don't ship to the UK. I am trying to find an old Wirsbo parts list with pictures and part numbers of the various elements. All I can find on line are some poor quality images here in Finish https://issuu.com/uponorfi/docs/varaosaluettelo_4_9_14_2b37194aeafdf7
Fozzie

Hi Fozzie,

I'm glad you've managed to get the Uponor part number. I've never had one.
I've checked the catalogue from the link you've sent me and it looks like a right product but you won't find out till you have one in front of you.

Have you ordered any? Mytub.co.uk is showing the stock.
https://www.mytub.co.uk/uponor-1034386-na-valve-for-old-1-1-4-flow-manifold-product-545465

If that will be the right product then it's a massive help to all people with same situation as yours.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock