Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement for Powermax HE (2006 vintage) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 110492

Dear all. I am receiving quotes to replace a Powermax HE boiler with a combi type in a third floor flat. However they all include costs of replacing the flue & terminal (~£2k) which clearly is prohibitive. The flues and reducer below the terminal are accessible inside the loft space. Please explain why the terminal cannot be reused with a replacement or bespoke adapter and flue for the new boiler. This problem can't be unique in top floor flats, so what's the normal workaround please? I live in the Oxford area.

Because when you change a boiler you have to change the complete flue. The normal work around is scaffolding to outside and to replace the whole flue.

Thank you. However I am looking for a more creative workround to this installation.

Thank you. However I am looking for a more creative workround to this installation.

Nope you can’t also wouldn’t be safe and legal

Also the seals in the flue system are getting to there end of life

Thread closed

As above what you are proposing is modification of a gas appliance. Big no no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement for Powermax HE (2006 vintage) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We built our detached house 23 yrs ago, having a Vaillant Thermocompact boiler with a Megaflo tank, and it's been excellent. The boiler sits in a room under the stairs, with the flue discharging out of the side wall (no windows or doors) at a height of around 2.5m from the ground. The...
Replies
Views
Hello All, First post here, I confess to being wet behind the ears with Baxi 105e major problem so its Urgent! It started with Flame Failure Error > Gas Engineer got it working (No Parts Needed) but it went out again 2 hours later, On his 2nd visit he said that the problem must be with the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I have a very old Powermax 155 boiler which is 20 years old. A couple of years ago, I had a problem with the burner switch intermittently switching off and on and I was close to replacing the boiler but eventually someone came round and managed to fix the problem. I haven't had any...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock