Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement for Grundfos circulating pump in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to replace a broken circulating pump, Grundfos UP20-BXUT. I'm struggling to find one (I live in France) and wonder if there's another make that would fit into the existing plumbing?
Alternatively, as it's the motor / pump rotor that seems to be sticking, could I buy a basic Grundfos UP20-14 and put the old timer and thermostat unit on it? It seems to be a modular design.
Many thanks,
Louise

Can you post a pic of the pump.

I just googled the pump you mentioned and they seem to be very available.

1574705023707.png

Pretty sure now that the UP20 was too big, have ordered it's little sister, the UP15. It's auto, doesn't need a timer, and has a thermostat which attaches to the return pipe which makes sense.
But I have an installation question. The pump is always shown this way up, which means it pumps downwards. But the Grundfos video shows the thermostat attached to the return:

1574705198306.png

which surely means the flow is downhill and the return up hill. That doesn't make sense to me: surely you shoumd pump uphill in the flow from the HW cylinder and put the stat in the rturn pipe going down back into the base of the HW cylinder (or bypassing back into the flow pipe instead to avoid the loop cooling the HW store).
I'm not a plumber: could someone who knows please
1574705023707.png
1574705198306.png
explain?

Sensor on the return back to the cylinder can be on the same pipe as the pump

Reply to Replacement for Grundfos circulating pump in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock