Search the forum,

Discuss Replaced basin waste - unable to connect to waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I've never done any plumbing, so please forgive my ignorance. I've had to replace the waste on the basin in my downstairs loo. The new waste (the bit that goes into the sink) is shorter than the previous one (by about 10mm), so now it doesn't line up with the waste pipe.

I've attached a photo. What are my options here?

basin-waste.jpg

Hi

I've never done any plumbing, so please forgive my ignorance. I've had to replace the waste on the basin in my downstairs loo. The new waste (the bit that goes into the sink) is shorter than the previous one (by about 10mm), so now it doesn't line up with the waste pipe.

I've attached a photo. What are my options here?

View attachment 36092

Is that white bottle trap not telescopic? If not you can buy one from screwfix or wherever.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help and quick responses. One last question, the adjustable one looks a bit "longer", will it not be too long (even when set at its shortest setting) compared to the one I currently have, in other words longer than the 10mm extra that I need?

will go down to 2 nut height might need the adjustable part trimming down a bit but will do tight

Thanks guys, appreciate the help and quick responses. One last question, the adjustable one looks a bit "longer", will it not be too long (even when set at its shortest setting) compared to the one I currently have, in other words longer than the 10mm extra that I need?

Goes shorter than on picture.

They do the same thing. P traps are usually used in kitchens they block less easily esp grease and food waste. The bottle trap is used in hand wash basins as they can be unscrewed to get valuables out e.g. jewellery. Bottle trap takes up less space.

Reply to Replaced basin waste - unable to connect to waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock