Search the forum,

Discuss Replace / repair bodged sink waste in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning All

After some advise on repairing a sink waste that goes into the toilet pan, which goes straight into soil stack.

Had bathroom done 2 years ago, and then needed a new basin waste fitted recently.
Plumber who fitted basin waste discovered a bodge from previous bathroom fitter, where they drilled into pan pipe, shoved in sink waste pipe and siliconed.
Made me aware of it and explained he followed suit as doesn't have the part on, but if leaks let him know and he can quote for repair.
After about 2 weeks it started leaking, but have failed to get him back.

Is there an easier way to retro fit a boss connector, or will i need to fit a new pan with boss connector?

Attached photos and leak.

20220922_200045.jpg

20220922_200038.jpg

Attachments

• 20220923_084139.mp4
    36.5 MB
Mcalpine wc-bp1 and a con 2

When fitting it, drop the basin waste into the top of the outlet pipe - not the side.
That is an appalling install, they should be embarrassed.

Im not a plumber but semi experienced diyer builder.... This in my opinion is horrendous, if soil pipe backs up a little after dropping the kids off, lovely toilet water will flow back up this pipe. Im not familiar of what the regs say but I would never fit a basin into horizontal soil pipe and definitely not on the side
There are bosses where you hole saw the pipe and it has lugs that hold it againts the pipe tightly but again i dont support doing this. I would consider non flap flap valve to prevent backflow. There is also the risk you could get siphoning (glug glug glug) in your basin when you flush the loo....

45 degree would be better than nothing if you can’t get top

Just an update, I got round to doing this today.

Thanks for the tips and advise, i ended up replacing all the waste pipes as i got push fittings and the existing was weld so wouldn't pair up.

Today was more about getting it ready for the Mrs getting home but want to go back and put a more steep angle on the waste pipe, just need a big enough wood bit to come out the side of the vanity unit, i somewhat butchered it with multi tool but wasn't quite enough.

20220927_165813.jpg

It's not perfect, but I'd say was better than what the plumber did first time round.

Erm unless the tiling is way off you have the waste pipe going up hill - that’s not correct.

You need to shorten the vertical pipe coming down from the basin- you’ll need to cut more out of the side of the unit.

Cheers, just need to get the bigger wood bit to drill hole higher up on vanity unit to get the angle to go down.

Reply to Replace / repair bodged sink waste in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock