Search the forum,

Discuss Replace myson controller Brit gas say £6k+ in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My mother has a 40 year old heating and hot water system. Tanks in the loft. 7 year old heat only Worcester boiler.
In a large airing cupboard is the imaged setup (strange to me) pump and myson controller. I can plainly see the controller diverts hot water to the tank.
Each time BG service the system they say, if this pump/controller fails you need a whole new system starting at £6k.
In my amateur view... Couldn't a three way diverter replace it? With appropriate wiring modifications of course.
Advice appreciated.
IMG_20220111_170630.jpg
IMG_20220111_170711.jpg
IMG_20220111_170618.jpg

It’s not something I’m famil with, nor have seen, but looking at it logically, I can see no reason why you couldn’t fit a 3 port mid position valv, altering wiring if necessary. BG are notorious for selling.

Old pump plan as above s plan it and fit a single pump

They tend to be fitted on one pipe systems etc

Reply to Replace myson controller Brit gas say £6k+ in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock