• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Replace myson controller Brit gas say £6k+ in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Mozzer99

My mother has a 40 year old heating and hot water system. Tanks in the loft. 7 year old heat only Worcester boiler.
In a large airing cupboard is the imaged setup (strange to me) pump and myson controller. I can plainly see the controller diverts hot water to the tank.
Each time BG service the system they say, if this pump/controller fails you need a whole new system starting at £6k.
In my amateur view... Couldn't a three way diverter replace it? With appropriate wiring modifications of course.
Advice appreciated.
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
It’s not something I’m famil with, nor have seen, but looking at it logically, I can see no reason why you couldn’t fit a 3 port mid position valv, altering wiring if necessary. BG are notorious for selling.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Old pump plan as above s plan it and fit a single pump

They tend to be fitted on one pipe systems etc

Reply to Replace myson controller Brit gas say £6k+ in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net