Search the forum,

Discuss Replace grundfos with lowara in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve got an old grundfos 15-60 130 selectric that’s getting replaced as it’s on the fritz.

I have had lowara ecocirc pumps fitted for ufh on all 4 floors and think they are great.

I would like to replace the grundfos with a lowara ecocirc as well.

Would a 25-6 130 work in this case.

thanks in advance!

I’ve got an old grundfos 15-60 130 selectric that’s getting replaced as it’s on the fritz.

I have had lowara ecocirc pumps fitted for ufh on all 4 floors and think they are great.

I would like to replace the grundfos with a lowara ecocirc as well.

Would a 25-6 130 work in this case.

thanks in advance!
Did you make the change does the new pump use less energy, are you pleased with it? I have the 3 of same Grundfos pumps and looking for options to reduce the energy consumption of my installation. Tks

He should have changed by now.
You should save ~ 40watts (60-20) on each pump, so assume 15 hrs/day for say 8 months/annum is 40*15*8/12*365, say £146/annum maximum. Probably get your money back in 18 months or 2 years but if your old pumps are performing OK then debatable as the new type pumps will not last anyway near the same length of time as the old ones.
Any 25-6-130 pump should be OK.

Did you make the change does the new pump use less energy, are you pleased with it? I have the 3 of same Grundfos pumps and looking for options to reduce the energy consumption of my installation. Tks
I did indeed swap out all my Grundfos for the ecocirc premium which are running anywhere from 7w to 20w which is a significant drop from the 60w originals.
I managed to find a few on Ebay that were unused for around £50 each so saved quite a bit.
I really can't say how much of a savings overall as we made quite a few other changes in the house moving from halogen to LED along with a few other changes but I am pretty happy.

He should have changed by now.
You should save ~ 40watts (60-20) on each pump, so assume 15 hrs/day for say 8 months/annum is 40*15*8/12*365, say £146/annum maximum. Probably get your money back in 18 months or 2 years but if your old pumps are performing OK then debatable as the new type pumps will not last anyway near the same length of time as the old ones.
Any 25-6-130 pump should be OK.
Calls a bit out there, Savings - 146kwh around €30/annum.

Calls a bit out there, Savings - 146kwh around €30/annum.
Thanks all for the info and responses. I have a gas fuelled heating system which comprises UFH groundfloor, radiator 1st floor and gas/solar DHW. The boiler is a Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 with Vaillant cylinder and solar panels. The system has three Grundfos UPS 15-60 130 circulation pumps and a Grundfos bronze DHW circulation pump, the installation is 11 years old, the property is circa 4,500 sq feet. I've recently installed an Emporia electricity consumption monitoring system - How the Gen 2 Vue Energy Monitor Works - https://www.emporiaenergy.com/how-the-vue-energy-monitor-works. After several days of monitoring the heating/DHW system is consuming circa. 2Kwh per day and is the second/third highest ranked item on the monitoring list which has surprised me, although I have no knowledge of what the consumption should be this appears to be a huge amount of electricity to run the control system and circulation pumps. I’ve just powered the DHW and Rad pumps via a pair of Maxcio Power Meters which indicate that they run at 50W, I shall repeat the exercise on the UFH pump and the bronze pump with a view to doing some calculations on running costs and the break even point for any replacement pumps. The info is provided in case its useful to anyone, is anyone able to offer advice/real life experience of running the new generation energy saving pumps? Positive/genative experiences welcome with info on specific brands/models.

Thanks

If the CH pumps are also set to 1 then ~ 25 watts saving in c/o to A rated ones, a long payback except present ones are really ancient.
I installed a A rated pump 3 years ago (out of interest mainly) and to obtain the greatest possible savings I bought one, (a 6M Wilo Yonos Pico) where you can incrementally change the CP (constant pressure) and the PP (proportional pressure) setting in 0.1M steps between 0.5M and 5.5M. Most other pumps give a choice of 2 or 3 CP & PP settings. most are quite adequate but the Grundfos PP settings are generally too low IMO. Also, most, but not all of these pumps display the power output and some like the DAB Evosta 3 display both the power output and the flow rate, I think some of the more expensive Grundfos do like wise.

My ancient Salmson consumed 45W and the Wilo between 22W and 14W depending on the TRVs positions, I have it set in PP mode at 4.4M.

Reply to Replace grundfos with lowara in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock