Search the forum,

Discuss Repairing old fashioned tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ianscaz

Hi all, bit of home plumbing advice please. The leaky tap shown in the photo is proving to be a bit of a sod. I assumed that the caps on the top would simply pop off but they don't. I'm at a loss as to how to dismantle this tap. IMG_0737.jpg

I would expect either:

a. top "gold" cap to unscrew or pop off, revealing screw.
OR
b. "gold" piece at end of handles to pop off or unscrew.
OR
c. handles to unscrew revealing a grub screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Repairing old fashioned tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've lost the note I had about how to do that. The boiler has two blue taps underneath. The rhs one turns clockwise. The lhs one is so stiff I can't move...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit. I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve...
Replies
Views
This tap is dripping through the spout, just a bit see photos, robf shows when closed, robo shows when open and rob3 shows a side view I don't think it can be the washer. We've given it a good vinegar soaking and scrubbimg. Any ideas please Can anyone identify the type or the maker. It's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock