Search the forum,

Discuss Renovation Issues - Hot toilet and extreme shower temps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We've recently just moved into our recently renovated home and we've found out that we've got some interesting plumbing issues, the first one is that both the upstairs and downstairs toilets are hot (the cistern water is hot) and radiating through the toilet and wall (concealed cistern), and the shower is either boiling hot or freezing cold, no. in-between, however the sink mixer taps seem to be OK both upstairs and downstairs (as you look at them the LHS is hot and the RHS is cold, I think that's how they're supposed to be?). There also seems to be a lot of pressure coming out of the taps, shower and toilet with no real difference between hot and cold.

We have had a new boiler put in and new cylinder but the first fix was done by another plumber, who has moved out of the area, and the second firm made the final connections, pressure tested, commissioned and signed off the boiler and cylinder but failed to notice the hot toilet and shower issue but they are claiming these problems must be down to a first fix issue, however they have not been back to look at the problems yet.

We have also noticed that the wet underfloor heating system is not working but we believe this might be an issue with the pump, unless anyone things this all could be linked? All the other radiators in the house are working correctly.

I would love to get some opinions on the matter so I can have an informed conversation with the plumbers when they come to see me later on this week, I know very little about plumbing and find it all a bit intimidating. Hopeful for a solution that might not mean ceilings need to come down :(

Thanks so much!

The problem re hot flush and shower may be down to first fix but can just as easily be second fixer not connecting things properly in say airing cupboard.
No excuses when you take a job on started by others you trace / blow through pipework to make sure which is which!
As for underfloor clear pictures of manifold please.

Reply to Renovation Issues - Hot toilet and extreme shower temps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock