Search the forum,

Discuss Renewable energy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flanners

Does anyone know of any companies offering distance learning or part time (weekends pref) to gain the relevant qualification to qualify for the microgeneration certification in renewable energy.

Looking for solar, rainwater harvesting, ground/air source, poss photovoltaic.

Any help would be greatly recieved.:)

in ireland the courses are quite expensive. what they like in the uk.

sorry for the delay in replying, bin working away all week in cornwall.
pretty expensive here too buffy.

Hi there,

I am doing a course via Trade Qualified and have bolted on Solar energy. Not sure if they do it as a seperate course but worth having a look at. Not sure about the other stuff though

Get the BPEC or Logic. They're recognised. Then get specific product training from whichever manufacturer you want to go with. Then you've recognised quals, and are an approved installer, which is the complete package.

there are so many expensive and pointless courses out there.......

Contact bpec and ask for a list of accredited trainers. Most require some hands on invlvement so I wouldnt have thought you can do it via "distance" Unless you have VERY big hands :)

It turns out that organisations ike BRE, NICEIC and CORGI are asking installers who wish to become MCS accredited to have either BPEC or Logic qualifications for heat pumps, but the MCS do not recognise these qualifications, If you speak to Napit you can get MCS without them, providing you have relevant experiance and you can show them 2 installs

Hi Ya.
You can try New Career Skills, who have training centres in Southampton, Doncaster and soon to be Watford. They offer the full range of BPEC approved renewable energy courses and have some good practical sessions in house. They also offer a good after course service in helping to find you work experience.

New Career Skills, Electrician Courses, Electrical Courses, Plumbing Courses, Plumber Courses, Career Change, Changing Career, Electrical Course, Job Change, Domestic Energy Assessor

Good luck

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewable energy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock