Search the forum,

Discuss REMS Solar push or a KAMCO power flush unit HELP ME CHOOSE in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Ive looked at the tech specs and it seems that the REMS has a lower flow rate but higher pressure at 5.5 bar. the Kamco has a higher flow rate so i understand that will be best for flushing a dirty system, however its maximum pressure of flow is under 2 bar. I wish to use a mashine for flushing dirty boiler systems and most importantly also for filling and venting Air Source heat pump systems with antifreese or other similar systems. Im stumped to understand the possible compromises between the 2 systems.

Is there any problem with using the Kamco with lower pressure and a high flow rate with filling a system and bleeding the air and getting the glycol mix right? anyone know?

Does the REMS at half the flow rate do a reasonable job of cleaning systems too?

these are so expensive i gotta get it right.

thanks

I would be concerned about the 5.5 bar pressure going through old systems.
You will be replacing a lot of radiator valves, quite a few panels and finding burst joints behind walls and under floors.

Reply to REMS Solar push or a KAMCO power flush unit HELP ME CHOOSE in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock