Search the forum,

Discuss Removing water valve on Main Multipoint BF in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Customer has a Main Multipoint BF that needs the diaphragm replacing. I'm attempting to remove the water valve but one of the screws that fix it to the bottom of the gas valve just won't budge. The head of the screw is completely stripped. My trusty neji-saurus screw pliers turned it about 45 degrees but won't go any further.
Any suggestions short of drilling it out?

That's pretty much what I was doing for 2 hours on Friday but no joy. Kept thinking that it would surely loosen up eventually but never did. Said I'd be back on Monday but feel slightly embarrassed just doing the same things again when I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Reply to Removing water valve on Main Multipoint BF in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Hi - I've replaced the service valve on the water feed to my toilet. It's screwed on fine on the bottom but the top connection to the nylon fitting doesn't screw on. If I remove the plastic washer it will screw on but it doesn't seal. It won't even fit on with the old washer, which is flattened...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap is turned on, no water at all comes from the shower head - not even a drizzle. However, when the cold water is turned on it flows freely. The hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock