Search the forum,

Discuss Removing wall hung pedestal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I was sent a pic of a wall hung pedestal with a leak from behind the pedestal and was wondering if they are generally fitted with springs or bolts? I don't have a pic but there are no screw covers on pedestal so I guess it's springs. Sorry for lack of pic.

normally bolts on angle brackets well the ones ive come across

I have had some on like a cable tie fittings. Sometimes I've had to cut them and get replacement straps. Only came accross them on v&b basins.

I've fitted one on springs that had plastic "things" on the springs which you turned to pull the springs tight. Nifty idea. Obviously you had to turn them the other way to let the tension off which let the pedestal drop enough to unhook the springs.

Reply to Removing wall hung pedestal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone fitted an Ideal Standard i.life S 50cm compact washbasin with a matching i.life S & B full pedestal? The basin is T518501 and pedestal is T519901. I have a problem with the pedestal boxed and packaged as the T519901 (but marked T2839 inside as below) - it does not fit and from the...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than plumber’s mate. The floor was originally tiled, but I replaced it with high quality vinyl, when fractures began to appear in the grout. As part of this...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only problem is it's a tiled floor and the original toilet has been fit then tiled around. So when I remove they'll be a hole in the floor tiling. The new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock