Search the forum,

Discuss Removing tap to replace washer. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am new to the site, and cannot believe I haven't found it earlier.

Anyways I have 6 taps all leaking 8n the house and all the same tap. They are a fixed Unit and there is a hole at the back which I assumed would need a Allen key, it's clogged up but cannot get an Allen key in anywhere. On one of the taps there appears to be the edge of a clip or something, do I remove this to release the top of the tap.?

Sorry it might be basic, but it's confused me.
IMG_20191219_133645.jpg

Hi,

I am new to the site, and cannot believe I haven't found it earlier.

Anyways I have 6 taps all leaking 8n the house and all the same tap. They are a fixed Unit and there is a hole at the back which I assumed would need a Allen key, it's clogged up but cannot get an Allen key in anywhere. On one of the taps there appears to be the edge of a clip or something, do I remove this to release the top of the tap.?

Sorry it might be basic, but it's confused me. View attachment 41905
do us a piccy of the ft view it will help id the tap and its naughty friends chking

They look similar to Vado "Elements" taps, although they are not identical. The Vado dismantle by undoing the top half of the large round chrome shroud below the cross head handle. Doesn't look as if these shrouds are two piece, but it does look as if the smaller diameter chrome piece immediately below the handles is screwed into an internal thread in the shroud. See if you can unscrew that part as it may gain you access to the cartridge.

Reply to Removing tap to replace washer. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock