Search the forum,

Discuss Removing recessed aerator which has crumbled? No grooves for aerator keys! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - we came back after a few months to our flat and all taps in the flat have fine water pressure except one bathrooms.
I think the tap has become clogged up and i think it has a recessed aerator.
You will see in picture 1 and 2 (number in red in top left) - this is the tap and can see the setup. I could not see any grooves on this to work out how to remove like other aerators. I then tried to just use some pliers to twist it out and it just crumbled.
Inked20200613_101923_LI.jpg

20200613_101857 2_LI.jpg

In picture 3 is the actual problem tap. In this picture I have now removed the crumbled outer plastic (the dark grey stuff in picture 2)

Inked20200613_103330 3.jpg

However, I am now left with this white bit of plastic and not sure if the answer is to just literally poke it out but i dont want to do any damage.
I am after some help to get me back to normal where i just have a working tap.
Do i just literally use some pliers and force out the white bit of plastic as well?
Can you point to where i might get a replacement aerator?
Any advice on how i remove the last white plastic bit would be great and where i can then get a replacement.
Thanks so much
Jazz

The chrome ring unscrews to release the aerator and remaining restrictor / spreader.
It will be tight if it's never been out.

New fittings available, just need to work out the size,

Reply to Removing recessed aerator which has crumbled? No grooves for aerator keys! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock