Search the forum,

Discuss Removing a radiator in pellet boiler system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I've read 1 valve radiator removal on this forum (123730) and other such threads.

The reason I'm apprehensive to start is because unlike the Gas boilers I'm used to from the UK. Now I'm living in Denmark I'm dealing with a RTB10K (Ready to Burn).

See attached pictures
1. Main Water Valve (stopcock)
2. Pellet Boiler
3. Expansion Vessel
4. Circulation pump
5. Radiators
6. Warm water tank

As can be seen by picture 5, it's a nightmare decorating the radiators/walls behind.

If the radiators had a lockshield valve I'd remove them in place. However because they don't I'm of the opinion I have to shut down the whole system.

Is it possible to just turn off the circulation pump?

Lastly regarding pressure in the expansion valve? Do I just release water? or do I release air?

Image 6 is where I top the water up or release water.

Many thanks in advance.
Wes

P.S

I've actually had a y2021 bug with the RTB, whereby after a power reset it entered an infinite loop until I rolled back the system date/time.
Y2K21 bug as described on stokerforum(dot)dk searching v7 udfordringer (Use translate tool)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 6.png
    6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Is it the only rad you need removing as you will have to drain the whole system to remove it

Is it the only rad you need removing as you will have to drain the whole system to remove it
I plan to remove 8+.

I guess the fact remains I'll have to empty the system.

Btw how long will it take for system to get back up to temp?

I notice that I've set temperature to 70, but after 3 days is only at 40 out boomer and return of 33.

Am I losing to much heat in the system?

Regards

Reply to Removing a radiator in pellet boiler system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock