Search the forum,

Discuss Remove spout Insinkerator 3 in 1 in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an Insinkerator 3 in 1 boiling tap that leaks where the rotating spout meets the tap. Have tried to see if there is a key way to pull the spount out with no luck. Removing the boiling water handle and thought I had found the retaining screw but it is round not a hex. Any suggestions? Hate to have to replace the tap for the sake of a couple of o-rings.

20221029_144035.jpg

I am in the same situation.
I ordered the o-rings and got to the same stage as you and equally flummoxed.
Did you work out how to do it?
Might have to call an engineer out.
They have a 5-year warranty and mine started leaking 6 months after that!!

Edited - was looking at the wrong thing.
I thought the spout locking pin was located in the hole at the top, above the cartridge but maybe that's just a locating hole for the spring cover.
Maybe removing the cartridge would uncover different locking mechanism - will try that.

Attachments

• Insinkerator 3N1 body.jpg
    Insinkerator 3N1 body.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 3

Drilled it out but not the best idea. It is screwed in and think I should have tried the same approach used to remove stripped screw heads. Get an allen key that fits then stretch a rubber band over the allen key and insert it. That will hopefully give enough grip to rotate it.

Have not found the right o-rings yet but some silicon grease and teflon tape has stopped it leaking for the moment. Please let me know where you got the o rings from.

Drilled it out but not the best idea. It is screwed in and think I should have tried the same approach used to remove stripped screw heads. Get an allen key that fits then stretch a rubber band over the allen key and insert it. That will hopefully give enough grip to rotate it.

Have not found the right o-rings yet but some silicon grease and teflon tape has stopped it leaking for the moment. Please let me know where you got the o rings from.
Drilling out seems a bit extreme - that will be last resort - thanks for the tip regarding rubber band!
Phoned Insinkerator and they sent some written instructions which indicate a small hole on the top righthand side in which there is a small grub screw - the screw head requiring either allen key or star (depending on age of tap) to remove.
I'm in communication with them explaining no screw head on mine!
I'll update if they get back to me.
There appear to be 3 o-rings needed - I got them from Aquatherm Services Ltd. (01279 641887)

Drilling out seems a bit extreme - that will be last resort - thanks for the tip regarding rubber band!
Phoned Insinkerator and they sent some written instructions which indicate a small hole on the top righthand side in which there is a small grub screw - the screw head requiring either allen key or star (depending on age of tap) to remove.
There appear to be 3 o-rings needed - I got them from Aquatherm Services Ltd. (01279 641887)
Small world Aquatherm Services are a 10min drive from me, I will get in touch for the o-rings.

Definitely regret going all out with the drill but a M5 grub screw with some sealant and all is good.

Can I ask - how did you get the taps off? I need to remove the hot & cold side rather than the boiling water side to investigate a leak when water running....

Can I ask - how did you get the taps off? I need to remove the hot & cold side rather than the boiling water side to investigate a leak when water running....
Opposite side to where the handle is there is a small plug that when removed get you access to a grub screw. Use alen key to lossen grub screw then the tap handle pulls off. It can be a tight fit so does need some force.

There appear to be 3 o-rings needed - I got them from Aquatherm Services Ltd. (01279 641887)Good Morning,
Did you manage to find where the grub screw is?

Just done mine & had the same problem. Nipped to Screwfix for a set of Torx screwdrivers- I think it was a T20 it needed.

Reply to Remove spout Insinkerator 3 in 1 in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock