Search the forum,

Discuss Remove shower vertical without breaking it. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Struggling to find a plumber so going it alone. Grouting cracked around 2 tiles at base of shower - suspected as the cause of mild water damage in false kitchen ceilng below. Got one out to see behind and tried with other but it's in the corner with a screw through it holding up the right shower vertical. Would like to remove the vertical to remove the tile, check behind, clean, then put it all back.

The vertical has a triangular assembly such that, once screwed in, one side is pushed towards, and caught by the other. I've tried to lever it apart but ut's not budging and I'm worried it's designed to be irreversible once in. Any advice gratefully received!

Need to lever apart sides caught at tip of the triangle (arrow #1 in picture) to get to the hidden screw attaching shower vertical to wall (arrow 2 in picture.) Is this possible or is there another way?

Attachments

• 20211009_171753~2.jpg
    20211009_171753~2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 6
Need to knife the white mastic of the left inside then just pull the inside cap / trim off

Thanks @ShaunCorbs , but I don't follow. The vertical is screwed into the wall through the tile I want to shift - how do I get to the screw? Is the vertical actually 2 pieces, with one piece screwed onto the wall and other holding the glass, that I have to pull off??

There are actually 3 pieces, I think.
The square u section is screwed to the wall, then the one with a convex curve ( with the glass in) is pushed into the first piece and they are screwed together. Finally the concave piece is snapped into place to cover the screws.

Reply to Remove shower vertical without breaking it. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock