Search the forum,

Discuss Remove reducing olives in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Cut the pipe below the reducing set

Is that with a hacksaw or pipe cutter?

Hacksaw will get you closer so you won’t loose / shorten the pipe as much as a slice / cutter

Reply to Remove reducing olives in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do any of you guys use this type of reducer? It doesn’t have an olive and the bottom part of the brass compresses onto the pipe by the looks of it and the top is removable. I haven’t used them before tbh. I can only seem to find the 3 part versions by me.
Replies
Views
I’ve just swapped these new valves over live. Didn’t realise how bad the old nuts looked until finished the job. Would it be hard taking these valves back of plugging up the live water supply at the top of 90degree bend to remove the old olive and nut and fit the new nut olive then fit back onto...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible for the 15mm nut and olive to attach to take the radiator valve. As you can see they are installed before nut and olive. I've ordered a black towel...
Replies
Views
I'm a kitchen fitter first and foremost, so occasionally encounter old pipes of varying sizes. From past experience I know how easy it is to misidentify old 3/4" copper pipe (apart from getting soaked when you get it wrong) and would like to know if there is a surefire way of telling it from...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or the water dispensing unit. The water pressure has reduced after I made the changes. I installed the original spindle back but same low pressure. If I...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock