Search the forum,

Discuss remove bathroom rad and valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I

Ian Foston

I have a combi boiler that supplies 5 radiators, I don't want to empty the system, I just want to remove the radiator and valves in my bathroom. I can remove my radiator by isolating both valves but I need to take off both valves to get the new plastic boards behind.I would just like to know the steps I need to do so that I don't cause a problem. The steps I think I need are:
1. Remove the radiator by isolating the valves.
2. Turn off the boiler and stopcock.
3. Isolate the valves on all other radiators.
4. Drain the system where the bathroom valves are?
To put back on the opposite

Sounds about right bud just be careful as your valves may not hold especially if there are trvs fitted , you will need to cap off the pipes if you want to use the boiler for heating while your fitting the boards ? đź‘Ť

Sounds about right bud just be careful as your valves may not hold especially if there are trvs fitted , you will need to cap off the pipes if you want to use the boiler for heating while you're fitting the boards ? đź‘Ť
Thank you for getting back, the radiators and valves are not very old. The valves will only come off when I need to put the boards behind the radiator, then I will put the valves back on again. Thank you so much for your help.

Reply to remove bathroom rad and valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock