Search the forum,

Discuss Reminder - Be Polite - Especially to newbies to the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I've set a notice up for newbies that's global. (In all forums and pages). Telling them to report posts they found unhelpful or insulting. The staff have been told to deal with them on case-by-case. Anything they don't feel comfy dealing with, mark it for me and I will get a notification and come here ASAP.

I know nobody should touch Gas pipes. And nobody should touch boilers. But everything else on the system can be maintained by the homeowner. It's their property. Their radiators. Their pumps on the system. It's totally upto them.

And then from general plumbing, taps and baths and whatnot, that's free reign. If it's a problem with the industry standards that is wrong, in letting people do that, then that's not something we can fix at forum level.

But we can be helpful.

The aim is, help them when they need their pump turning up a notch. Need to bleed a radiator, top up their pressure etc And they might come back on here look for one of our plumbers when the boiler starts to not fire up or whatever.

So be nice.

Newbies have a notice telling them to report any posts they find offensive or unhelpful.

And I'll be looking at all of them every day. :)

A cracking example form the forum moderator

A cracking example form the forum moderator

. ? What’s wrong .

. ? What’s wrong .

Provided a constructive suggestion why something that’s apparently been neglected for decades but still working fine and even offered to provide evened when challenged and get the following response which comes across as aggressive/confrontational.

Attachments

• 2FA5DEBA-03B1-487A-B2F9-70CFACDFBD0B.jpeg
    2FA5DEBA-03B1-487A-B2F9-70CFACDFBD0B.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 8
Please don’t cut my posts down. It was my opinion and what I took from your post. I have already apologised in the other post. But as I say. I still stand by my comments. You are referring to a completely different field that has nothing to do with domestic heating.

Attachments

• EEA20655-74FB-4CAC-A872-BACF56430040.png
    EEA20655-74FB-4CAC-A872-BACF56430040.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 5
Please don’t cut my posts down. It was my opinion and what I took from your post. I have already apologised in the other post. But as I say. I still stand by my comments. You are referring to a completely different field that has nothing to do with domestic heating.

I was asked what I found offensive, I provided that having already sent a link to the whole post.

I’m confused why you think pumps, valves, controllers or heat exchangers in boilers some how differ from those in god factories/refineries etc etc etc.

The person you replied to was talking about servicing boilers. Not, pumps, valves, controllers or heat exchangers. Boilers in houses get neglected and not serviced a lot more than in factories. Factories have legal obligations to have appliances maintained and checked regularly. privately owned houses in the U.K. do not.

The person you replied to was talking about servicing boilers. Not, pumps, valves, controllers or heat exchangers. Boilers in houses get neglected and not serviced a lot more than in factories. Factories have legal obligations to have appliances maintained and checked regularly. privately owned houses in the U.K. do not.

Again, showing a staggering lack of knowledge beyond the little white boxes in peoples kitchens.

Reply to Reminder - Be Polite - Especially to newbies to the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock