Search the forum,

Discuss Rehau manifolds installed backward in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aaron K

Had a contractor come out today for in-floor heat not working. I have 2 zones each with Rehau manifolds supplied from a single pump and neither zone worked. Contractor felt the pump had failed and replaced it only to discover that the system still did not work. After much consideration, contractor realized that the manifolds had been installed backward and suggested that this is the problem and that this bad installation had led to the pump failing. However, system had been functioning properly for 16 years before this. Contractor wants to replace the manifolds as the next step, but this seems silly to me. Is there contractor's theory rational? Anyone have another idea?

So you've had a functioning system for 16 years and now its not working.

The pump was replaced and the system is still not working.
Was the pump ever faulty, did the contractor do any tests on the pump?

Re: Rehau manifolds - like many others of that design, they don't fair well with the flow & return piped backwards.
I doubt they would have operated for 16 years if they were piped in reverse.
I could be wrong.
Does you manifold have flowmeters?

There could be a couple of issues, but if your contractor thinks it the expansion tank - get a new contractor.

Post a couple of pics of the setup - much more helpful

Next step should be a new contractor and not any more new parts without sound reasoning why.

Contractor felt the pump had failed, clearly wasn't a sound reason.

Last edited:

Reply to Rehau manifolds installed backward in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are off. The video posted shows when I turn on another zones the flow meters drop. (Kitchen prep and kitchen TV are the issue, two at either end of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Hi guys - hoping someone can help... Have a 12 yr old Wunda 2-zone wet underfloor heating system which is starting to fail (zone heating up despite stat being off) and a generally old and inefficient thermostat system. Difficult currently to get anyone to come have a look at it, managed to get...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock