Discuss Regular momentary dips in mains water pressure every 15sec in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, hoping for some help here.

Over the last 2 months I've been experiencing dips in water pressure from my kitchen tap. The weird this is that these are momentary dips in pressure that occur every 15 seconds. It seems to happen in the mornings and evenings and is making my plastic pipes to my water softener clunk. I've checked round my flat and I can't see anything that is causing a issue.

Given the regular interval of the dip in pressure I'm thinking it's a Thames Water issue on the street? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

snowhead

Plumber
How many flats are in the complex with yours?

Quite often the water supply is pumped withing a flat complex, it may be an internal Building management / Landlord issue to resolve.
The pump(s) / storage system could be at fault causing a pressure drop at peak times.
Kitchen taps would normally be direct from the incoming water supply, but the pumped side could still be causing the pressure drop.

Hi Snowhead,

Its the top floor flat of a converted victorian townhouse (4 flats total) so there's no internal pumping arrangement. I need to go down to my neighbors and see if they are having the same problem. The fact it's every 15 sec pulse drop in pressure makes me think there is some value being actuated somewhere in the street. I called Thames water but they say nothing is going on in the area.

Reply to Regular momentary dips in mains water pressure every 15sec in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members