Search the forum,

Discuss Registration on the GS register? or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clarky_two

How do you find out if someone is on the gas safe register if:

a: you dont know their registration number, and havent seen their id card
b: they are not listed on the GS website register

Is the website a voluntary thing?

I dont want to go and ask the guy direct, but his name or business isnt on the GS website register and he is completing commercial and domestic work and has done for years.

you can search by company name, personal name or post code. If he dosnt come up. Be worried as he isn't registered.

Clarky two , please don't be afraid to ask the guy direct because we have to carry our gassafe registration card on us when at work for the specific reason as to prove to customers that we are qualified so please ask your engineer and I can assure you he won't mind being asked, the only way he'd mind was if he wasn't registered,

Are you a customer of, do you work for this guy or just know of him?

Report him to gas safe, am sick and tired of p1sstakers taking our work. Even the local tiler rang me other day and asked me what to do with a Vaillant F75 fault because he was looking at a boiler ''for a mate'' .......I've had enough........!!!!!!

Report him to gas safe, am sick and tired of p1sstakers taking our work. Even the local tiler rang me other day and asked me what to do with a Vaillant F75 fault because he was looking at a boiler ''for a mate'' .......I've had enough........!!!!!!

Sounds like you need a Tuesday beer goz!

I agree though there's loads of the feckers down here

All sorted now thanks guys, the first time I looked online he wasnt on there, Ive looked again now and he is on there. Not sure why that was - or if it was just me being dull.

Hoping to get on there myself soon. I am just about to start on my Gas Safe training at Brookhouse Training in Bradford.

Anyone done this course?

In merchants today a joiner was bemoaning ideal to the counter kiddie because they wouldn't put him through to technical to help him fix 'his' boiler.
"They obviously know what the problem is, just won't help me fix it"

Just to add to the above, I got a call off the same chap today asking me to commission and register a boiler for him.

Told him I can't legally do it, as I would be breaking the law so he said ''can I borrow your manometer and FGA for an hour tonight''

So currently I now need a Wednesday beer, no froth on top cos am already foaming at the mouth.......!!!

I hate people sometimes. After telling them it's illegal they still carry on.

Just report the guy goz. It's illegal.

I've decided that me and him are going to have words tbh pal, I used to do his installs but 18 months ago he partnered up with a 'jack of all trades,master of none'. The type who's done a short course in every trade there is, so seeing as I've known this guy over 40 years I think a word and maybe show him this months Gas Safe Engineer page 6 and hopefully that might register that he's taking to big a risk.

Just to add to the above, I got a call off the same chap today asking me to commission and register a boiler for him.

Told him I can't legally do it, as I would be breaking the law so he said ''can I borrow your manometer and FGA for an hour tonight''

So currently I now need a Wednesday beer, no froth on top cos am already foaming at the mouth.......!!!

Tell him that one of the local merchants (you can't remember which one) hires out FGA's and manometers, if nothing else it'll waste his time for an hour or two

I've decided that me and him are going to have words tbh pal, I used to do his installs but 18 months ago he partnered up with a 'jack of all trades,master of none'. The type who's done a short course in every trade there is, so seeing as I've known this guy over 40 years I think a word and maybe show him this months Gas Safe Engineer page 6 and hopefully that might register that he's taking to big a risk.

Worth a shot goz, but he already knows he's breaking the law etc, he just wants more money out of the jobs, maybe an anonymous letter to his customer telling them the merits of using a GSR, instead of a builder, would be better

When people ask me to commission I say yes go round there, find a fault slap a id sticker on there and cap the install. They get irate in front of the customer and look like and idiot, while I walk out the door with a huge smile on my face.

They don't learn though like banging your head on a wall. Only gas safe getting tougher with these people will sort it

When people ask me to commission I say yes go round there, find a fault slap a id sticker on there and cap the install. They get irate in front of the customer and look like and idiot, while I walk out the door with a huge smile on my face.

cust lets you just cap there gas off ?

everytime i have said to the cust about dodgy install and can i cap the gas they say no and kick up hell lol

I think customers should be just as accountable for not checking an installers credentials. Someone (I think Ray) suggested that in order to ensure safe installs then appliances need to have commissioning card slot only available to gas safe engineers. The fact that they don't shows how little GS actually care

Riley, before you slag a business, best you get the facts straight or you look silly, GS aren't the people you need to sort out the laws of the land.

Riley, before you slag a business, best you get the facts straight or you look silly, GS aren't the people you need to sort out the laws of the land.

*cough* company man *cough cough*

hows the job going kirk? Have you found us any free gas safe pens yet?

No you are right Kirk and apologies I know you said the other day that you are working for them and I mean no offence. My issue is just born out of frustration. I really meant in the sense that they (GS) are the face that front the campaign if you can call it that. This is where people, public and GS alike should look for the answers they need. All I seem to see is ambiguity and a reactive stance rather than a proactive one. Don't get me wrong, there are some things that GS do very well but when it comes to getting rid of the diy and illegal fitters then I feel they should be the one pushing for law changes etc

Last edited:
I have to say this past fortnight I am much the same. Too much work too few hours and everyone wanting a piece of me

I was going to say things like the gas safe week I can only speak for round here but I thought it went down well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Registration on the GS register? or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock