• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Registration Inspection Event in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
OP
Stu-B

Stu-B

Reaction score
Maybe a gs inspector is here who could input

firemant

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
My problem with it is simply "what is the point"? The only adanttage is that it is clearly quicker and cheaper than on site checks. But everyone there has passed an ACS - and an inspection event with an open book 80% pass mark is pretty much what every one of those guys did less than 5 years ago. Except an ACS is 100% pass mark (eventually ;) )

If they wanted to give us info on other stuff, they have most guy's email address.

The whole point of OSI's is to check to see whether the classroom learning/checks are being carried out in the real world. This is just ticking boxes.

Oh, and I have nothing to hide, but I defo do not want to go to a hotel at my expense, and a day off work, and then have to spend another 1/2 day with an inspector

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
We approached Gas Safe to see if they’d like to be involved. We heard nothing

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store