• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Registration Inspection Event in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Stu-B

Reaction score
Got letter from GS last month asking me to attend a registration inspection event, it was yesterday held at a local hotel conference room.
Basically a power point presentation session with a small assessment at the end, all based around IGEM/G/11 unsafe situations procedures.
About 25 fairly local engineers for a 3 hour session with lots of questions and answers.

Most of it I pretty much knew but maybe had forgotten or not come across for a while, a couple of “out of scope” questions which were answered by the 4 gas safe guys in a lot of detail. A good refresher on the whole and there’ll be more like this we were told and on different aspects.

Oh, and if you failed the assessment 80% pass mark then you’d definitely be getting a site work inspection. :eek:

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
TBH I don’t see the point of them

Want them to come and inspect the work of a gas engy to make sure there doing it right

OP
Stu-B

Stu-B

Reaction score
I know what you’re saying, but these days there’s more to it than whether you’ve cut your flue to the right length etc, they were trying to push the emphasise the importance of a paper trail, doing job reports for everything and keeping records for 6 years and what not. Just makes it easier to get it across to a room full of engineers at once. It’s never going to replace a job inspection, it doesn’t hurt to do both.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I know what you’re saying, but these days there’s more to it than whether you’ve cut your flue to the right length etc, they were trying to push the emphasise the importance of a paper trail, doing job reports for everything and keeping records for 6 years and what not. Just makes it easier to get it across to a room full of engineers at once. It’s never going to replace a job inspection, it doesn’t hurt to do both.
fair enough but those engy who did the course / test wont have a visit for another 5 years

theyve stopped doing the inspections unless theyve had reports of you being naughty

which in my eyes its when its gone too far

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I did one around a month ago , pretty sure they did 150 engineers over 2 days , personally I cant see a problem with them . Unsafe sits part was easy.

OP
Stu-B

Stu-B

Reaction score
fair enough but those engy who did the course / test wont have a visit for another 5 years

theyve stopped doing the inspections unless theyve had reports of you being naughty

which in my eyes its when its gone too far
I don’t know where you’re getting your info from but that’s not true, the question was asked if these assessment days were replacing on site assessments and the answer was definitely not, the on site stuff will stay the same these were purely additional.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I don’t know where you’re getting your info from but that’s not true, the question was asked if these assessment days were replacing on site assessments and the answer was definitely not, the on site stuff will stay the same these were purely additional.
On site assessment only if you get a complaint after or in 5 years time

OP
Stu-B

Stu-B

Reaction score
On site assessment only if you get a complaint after or in 5 years time
Who says? Cos that’s not what what the guys from GS said the other day.

TBH I’m not fussed either way cos I’ve got nothing to hide.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Gas safe inspector

The reason why there doing the group assessment/ meet us is they don’t have enough inspectors to go round everyone so there bring everyone together to see how they do and if it flags up anyone they need to inspect / look at

Eg you fail the test

scott_d

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
With the number of engineers going up so by hundreds/thousands per year, surely they have the money to employ more inspectors

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
With the number of engineers going up so by hundreds/thousands per year, surely they have the money to employ more inspectors
But that means less profit

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom