Currently reading:
Registered a Ltd company for sole trader?

Discuss Registered a Ltd company for sole trader? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i hope someone here might know better than me and probably has been through the process.

I recently transitioned into self employment working as a sole trader. I know i have to get my PL insurance sorted, and ive branded myself (not in the cattle way) to help with advertising but do i need to register my business name and do i need to register it as limited to reduce the risk to my assets, ie house!

thanks in advance for your help.

Darren
Pk Plumbing & Joinery

George is a good player and makes his curry sauce in a electric dedicated cement mixer
2x per week and each time its worth £1000 when put into little cups

he heats it up with a propane roof burner set made by guess who CHK

Thanks for that !

I "USED" to be quite partial to a bit of curry sauce with me chips

Lame plumb is right - this is just what have done thus

All my business is vat /declared etc no problem because when we decide to
sell the business the potential buyer can see the truth . we have been down this road
a few times times. Build up a business keep a database I then sell for 50% equity and and
keep a share of the profit for 2 year.

My Turkish best mate George does this with chip shops and guess who does the
gas water buiklding etc CHK

No way a Turkish man is caled with Christian name !!!

George is a good player and makes his curry sauce in a electric dedicated cement mixer
2x per week and each time its worth £1000 when put into little cups

he heats it up with a propane roof burner set made by guess who CHK

well at least as a freebie i imagine you get all the cement-mixed roof-burned diarrohea coloured gloop you can keep down

We also have st. George (Bulgaria)
and we selebrare this on the 6th of May (also national army day)

but not Muslim from Turkey is called George !!!
I grew up in Bulgaria and we had lots of Turkish people in my country and no Turkish man will call his son George !

After reading all of this stuff, I have decided to go on-line and register my company name with Companies House as a Ltd company. (Only trouble is, I have made one blunder: I have registered all the TEN shares as ''fully paid up''. That was not a smart move. I should have taken up SIX shares and leave FOUR as unpaid. That way, I can in future hand a share each to missus and kids, but remain as the majority holder so my decisions will be final. Only just submitted it a few minutes ago, then realised I had made a poo-poo?)

Any way, they say it takes 24 hours for it to be accepted or declined. I hope it is declined now? The only reason I have registered the company is so that someone else doesn't take up the name. It will stay Dormant while I continue to trade as a Self Employed fool.

And as a matter of fact, the benefits of being VAT registered (even if your transactions do not hit the threshold) far outweigh the reasons for not being registered. But I choose not to be VAT registered.
Also, the benefits of trading as a Ltd company far outweigh the reasons for not trading as one. Again, I prefer to stay as Self Employed for now. Have been for the past EIGHT years.

Every Accountant I know or do jobs for starts screaming at me and my stupidity for not trading as a Ltd company. But I know what they want: The opportunity to provide me with tax savings advice. REALLY??? As a Self Employed bloke, I do my own tax returns, so it costs me nothing. And even when I require a major loan and the banks insists on Audited Accounts, I personally prepare the accounts and hand them to an accountant who then ''prepare'' it under their company logo, and present it to me after charging me an unnecessary ''hefty fee''? I mean, to charge someone £900 for an accounts they have prepared themselves and which takes you 15 minutes to transfer and sign and put your company stamp on is ridiculous. But that is the world we live in.

Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Registered a Ltd company for sole trader? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock