From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss refitting exposed shower valve unit in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
I am in the process of re-fitting an exposed mixer shower control unit.
This was removed to replace a cracked tile.
So now beginning to re connect.
I begin by sliding the back shrouds, nuts and olives over the water supply pipes
and insert the15mm hot and cold water supply pipes into the inlet connections of the valve.

However I can not get the the shower valve to fully seat tight against the backplate.
I have hand tightened the nuts - but not fully tightened - but the valve will not seat tight against the backplate.
So it appears that the unit is somehow being held off from fully engaging with the backplate by approx 3-4 mm.
If I remove the two back shrouds or the olives then the valve will seat against the backplate - no problem, so it seems to be a distance issue.
Scratching my head about this one.
Obviously I don't want to go ahead and fully tighten the nuts if the valve is not seated correctly
Any advice would be gratefully received

Brimal

Reply to refitting exposed shower valve unit in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares