Search the forum,

Discuss Refilling key snapped in open position on Worcester MT10-safe to use? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help. We have a Worcester MT10 combi boiler that has a fault with the expansion vessel. The landlord is having the boiler replaced this weekend, but in the meantime I was advised by their plumber to top up the pressure each morning (as it's currently dropping to 0 overnight - it swings up to 3 bar when the heating is on before gradually dropping throughout the day; this is how they've diagnosed it's the Expansion Vessel). Unfortunately, this morning I've gone to do this and now the refilling loop key has snapped off with a bit of the key left in the boiler - the key is stuck in the "open" position (ie where, if I turn the grey knob next to it, it lets in water. I have closed the grey knob, which seems to be working fine).

All I want to know is - is it safe to put the heating on with the key stuck in this position? It's very cold here, and I'd prefer not to have no central heating for 4 - 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to Refilling key snapped in open position on Worcester MT10-safe to use? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water from heating system as I could. Only one leg (3 legs downstairs) had valve which allowed me to flush water from radiators upstars, all of them. Only 3...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock