Search the forum,

Discuss Reduced pressure?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Have the water boards turned down the pressure that we get from them?

Only asking as have noticed the water pressure going to houses is less then it used to be, have they turned it down because of the recent drought?
Are they allowed to without notifying anybody?
Have they told everyone and I just missed it?
Has anybody else noticed it?
Am I just imagining it all?

from memory they are only required to provide approx 1bar of pressure and 9 lpm at the roadside. I have not noticed any drop recently in my area.

maybe just the houses i have been to recently have been less then normal. or maybe I am just thinking it is, should of checked really, lol

well the local mp to us is david cameron, so wouldnt be suprised, lol

I know it's teaching your gran to suck eggs, but was stopcock open fully. Had a customer earlier this year, had really poor water pressure/flow, shower wouldn't work properly and had suffered for 18 months since moving in. Stop tap was only cracked open a quarter turn :)

I know it's teaching your gran to suck eggs, but was stopcock open fully. Had a customer earlier this year, had really poor water pressure/flow, shower wouldn't work properly and had suffered for 18 months since moving in. Stop tap was only cracked open a quarter turn :)

yep, fully open

It's happened in my area over the last couple of years, the supply pressure has slowly reduced to the minimum. I think the years of high flow rate showers with drench heads and body jets are numbered. The country wastes water at an extraordinary, unsustainable rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reduced pressure?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or the water dispensing unit. The water pressure has reduced after I made the changes. I installed the original spindle back but same low pressure. If I...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had water company out and they did do a check and they found the flow rate reduced but they mentioned about the inside stopcock/tap should be changed just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws water (toilet cistern filling after flushing, tap being turned on or washing machine filling etc), the water pressure / flow to the other appliance...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock