Search the forum,

Discuss redo needed for newly installed kitchen sink and drain line in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Contractor sub (who evidently was not a plumber) installed my new single kitchen sink and garbage disposal. With water running, water fills to top of interior of garbage disposal and then disposal never full drains once water is turned off. Contractor installed Oatey vent but not a fix. Now says has to change drain line to go through the floor (we have crawl space where drain ties into main drain) or says he can remove the exterior siding panel and cut lower hole at back of cabinet wall to re-run the drain line into the wall and down to the crawl space. Have uploaded pics if helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_20220502_210353557.jpg
    IMG_20220502_210353557.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220502_210425767.jpg
    IMG_20220502_210425767.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220502_210517940.jpg
    IMG_20220502_210517940.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 2

Reply to redo needed for newly installed kitchen sink and drain line in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
Contractor sub installed my new single kitchen sink and garbage disposal wrong. Sub had a "blank slate" with this reno as I made the dining room into a new kitchen. With water running, water fills to top of interior of garbage disposal and then disposal never fully drains once water is turned...
Replies
Views
I am working on a remodeling a kitchen in a single story house with crawl space that was built in the 1950's. I was wondering if there is a better way to plumb the drain lines that are in the attached picture? There is a bathroom sink drain directly behind the wall of the kitchen. The white...
Replies
Views
B
Hello I’m not going to explain this very well but I will try my best. I’m planning on installing a kitchen sick by myself with no plumbing experience. I will be going from a double sink to a single basin. The part im having trouble figuring out is how to put the pipes back together with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock