Search the forum,

Discuss Recycling propane bottles? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Hill

Hi guys,

I finished my propane bottle (right as I was about to do some soldering - had it all fluxed up and everything). It's for a hand held blow torch, blue bottle about 12-15 inches high.

I'm wondering if there is a way to recycle these bottles or get them sent back to the manufacture It looks like they could be refilled. Anyone know how/where to do this?

Thanks

if its a primus 2000 bottle which it sounds like they are returnable for a new one anything else is in the bin and buy a new one

you can recycle the rothenberger one's with normal waste if you remove the valve i believe.

I take them along with my scrap metal. The scrap merchant has a recycling stream for used gas cylinders and aerosols.

never even thought about it just put them in the recycle bin at home don't know if it right :-(

I've put them in the recycle bin at home but once the binman refused to take it and said I had to put it with old gas bottles at the local tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recycling propane bottles? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling suggests means no gas, blocked flue or blocked condensate pipe. There is gas, the flue is clear, and the condensate pipe goes into the under-sink waste...
Replies
Views
Hi all! as I am attempting my first plumbing project and the stakes are high, I would greatly appreciate picking your experienced brains regarding valves. I am building an overland truck/motorhome and since I will be traveling to remote areas and underdeveloped countries I'd like my plumbing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock