Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended smart thermostat/controller for ATAG combi (ATAG or Tado) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I'm considering getting an ATAG IC Economiser (combi), and to take advantage of the 14 year warranty I need to get one of 2 smart controllers:
  • ATAG One Zone
  • Tado v3+

An annoyance about the Tado is that the UK version doesn't support OpenTherm (unlike the EU model), but this is resolved using the extension kit. I'm waiting to hear back from ATAG if the warranty is invalidated should I wish to use either the extension or the EU model.

Despite this, I am erring towards the Tado on the basis that it has an accessible API which I can use for central heating metrics and linking in to home automation software - the ATAG controller has an API however it is closed off to external access (unlike the original ATAG One).

Does anyone have any experience in using/installing one of these and if so, what's your take on either of them and why did you choose one over the other?

Ta

Have you got a local service agent for warranty work as they don’t use there own they use independent engineers and if you don’t have any close they will send you the part but you have to pay for fitting via and independent engineer

Have you got a local service agent for warranty work as they don’t use there own they use independent engineers and if you don’t have any close they will send you the part but you have to pay for fitting via and independent engineer
Hi Shaun - yes, there is one close by, though there is always the question of availability....

What's your take on these 2 controllers?

The only one that wouldn’t give any warranty problems would be the atag controller

Are you going to be data logging every time the boiler comes on etc ?

Bumping this in the hope that more comments are received! My installer tells me that if I go down the Tado (UK) route, the lack of OpenTherm won't be an issue as it has weather compensation, but I'm not sure of this would hinder getting readings from the API.

With regards to warranty, Tado won't be a problem - it's one of the 3 'allowable' thermostats in the 14yr package - the 3rd being the non-smart ATAG Programmable Room Thermostat which I'm not interested in.

Does anyone else have experience with either of these? I know that KOP isn't a fan of either!

Reply to Recommended smart thermostat/controller for ATAG combi (ATAG or Tado) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock