Search the forum,

Discuss recommended screws in shower area in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've removed a shower seat whilst investigating a leak. I've noticed the screws securing the seat frame have rusted (see pic).

I'm interested in recommendations for screws that you would use in a shower area. I thought these were stainless steel screws but clearly not. Are stainless steel screws suitable in this scenario?

Rusty screw.jpg

Normally use spax wirox washer head and normally use a bit of clear silicon on the rear of the brackets and a Small circle round the hole for the screw so once fixed water can’t track back there

As the head is exposed I'd still prefer stainless than coated in a shower room but that's up to you. A stainless pan head woodscrew should do it or even a small diameter stainless coach bolt, a flat head giving you more purchase against the steel support than a countsunk screw.

Reply to recommended screws in shower area in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all. Has anybody ever experienced the middle leg of a shower base that stands on legs (such as the one in the pic) winding in over time, and therefore getting gradually shorter? If so, could that be because the yellow screw-in foot foot has not been screwed into the floor, so can rotate back...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've got an old baby belfast sink I want to use and I'd like to mount it on old brackets... I've done a mock installation in another part of the house just to see how secure it feels on the brackets and I'm happy with the result. If I put a lot of downward wait on the front lip of the...
Replies
Views
The joint between my WC pan and the cistern is leaking - I suspect that the doughnut needs replacing. I imagine that this would be easy enough for a competent plumber. However, the two bolts and the associated nuts holding the cistern to the WC pan have rusted. I have three questions here: Can...
Replies
Views
Hi there, my shower runs hot then cold then hot then cold... To prevent i keep my combi boiler on low hot water temp setting. Tested all other taps etc and they're stable (can be consistently very hot if needed). Suspect thermostatic temp cartridge knackered in shower. Want to replace but cant...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock