Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended Manufacturers - New Bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Im looking to replace everything in my bathroom, new bathroom will consist of stand alone shower (gravity fed, with pump), bath, toilet, sink / vanity unit. Were I'm really struggling is what manufacture to use, their is so many. Looking for decent quality, but not crazy expensive. Who would you suggest for the following:-

Taps / shower system -considering Grohe
Shower screen and fittings
Shower Tray (Stone Resin)- considering JT Fusion Tray
Toilet / Bath
sink / Vanity Unit
Pump
Peripherals - Waste, etc.......

Also what items would you suggest are critical to the longevity of the bathroom, therefore you should pay a little more to get the best.

Been looking online and local shops, their is so much out there, just don't know whats good / bad / indifferent.

Thanks.

Trojan baths do some nice quality acrylic baths in various thicknesses.
'Trojan cast' is nice and solid.

I usually recommend Stuart turner 'monsoon' pumps.

Taps - grohe and villeroy and boch are the better quality ones that I've installed, got to check the minimum pressures though as most will be for high pressure systems. Cheaper ones but still good quality would be crosswater. The likes of bristan and Francis peglar are ok but I get called back to them alot with faulty cartridges etc.

Showers, if your going to pump it then I'd recommend an aqualisa digital shower, I've fit hundreds of these and honestly barely have any issues with them and the ranges they have will suite any budget, I'm really liking the Q series at the moment.

Baths, either villeroy and boch, carron or cleargreen are all good quality baths, they are solidly built, not see through like most of the cheap crap out there.

To be honest, shower tray wise, a stone set tray so long as it's installed on a solid base (I use rapid set tile adhesive) won't give you any issues so i don't really think brand matters all that much. As for shower screens, if it's a walk in shower screen then I'd recommend the kudos ultimate 2 wet room panel. If it's a square/rectangle with either a slider or hinged door then I'd go with the kudos pinnacle 8. If it's a quadrant/curved then the Sommer8 would be my choice.

Toilet and basin, best stuff I've fitted is villeroy and boch, it isn't cheap but it is nice, and they do some very nice vanity units to go with their basins. Other brands I install that i'd recommend would be vitra or Britton.

Wastes, most basin taps come with a waste so don't worry about them and bath wise, cleargreen do their own wastes to go with their baths, so do v&b, other good brands are Viega and grohe.

All the above are my personal preferences based off my experiences with bathroom fixtures, the only thing I can say is avoid the online only shops where you can get a full suite for less than 1k. It's basically garbage.

As for longevity. It's mainly down to the installation. Install it right and things don't go wrong. If your tiling then use quality adhesive and grout, in your wet areas don't tile to plasterboard. Use a moisture resistant backer panel like aquapanel, if your tiling onto a wooden floor make sure it fully secured and overboard with a cement based board like hardie backerboard or nomoreply boards and use the recommended screws and adhesive with it.

Taps - grohe and villeroy and boch are the better quality ones that I've installed, got to check the minimum pressures though as most will be for high pressure systems. Cheaper ones but still good quality would be crosswater. The likes of bristan and Francis peglar are ok but I get called back to them alot with faulty cartridges etc.

Showers, if your going to pump it then I'd recommend an aqualisa digital shower, I've fit hundreds of these and honestly barely have any issues with them and the ranges they have will suite any budget, I'm really liking the Q series at the moment.

Baths, either villeroy and boch, carron or cleargreen are all good quality baths, they are solidly built, not see through like most of the cheap crap out there.

To be honest, shower tray wise, a stone set tray so long as it's installed on a solid base (I use rapid set tile adhesive) won't give you any issues so i don't really think brand matters all that much. As for shower screens, if it's a walk in shower screen then I'd recommend the kudos ultimate 2 wet room panel. If it's a square/rectangle with either a slider or hinged door then I'd go with the kudos pinnacle 8. If it's a quadrant/curved then the Sommer8 would be my choice.

Toilet and basin, best stuff I've fitted is villeroy and boch, it isn't cheap but it is nice, and they do some very nice vanity units to go with their basins. Other brands I install that i'd recommend would be vitra or Britton.

Wastes, most basin taps come with a waste so don't worry about them and bath wise, cleargreen do their own wastes to go with their baths, so do v&b, other good brands are Viega and grohe.

All the above are my personal preferences based off my experiences with bathroom fixtures, the only thing I can say is avoid the online only shops where you can get a full suite for less than 1k. It's basically garbage.

As for longevity. It's mainly down to the installation. Install it right and things don't go wrong. If your tiling then use quality adhesive and grout, in your wet areas don't tile to plasterboard. Use a moisture resistant backer panel like aquapanel, if your tiling onto a wooden floor make sure it fully secured and overboard with a cement based board like hardie backerboard or nomoreply boards and use the recommended screws and adhesive with it.

Thanks for the detailed information, much appreciated.

Reply to Recommended Manufacturers - New Bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock