Search the forum,

Discuss Recommendations for basin taps and waste kits in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have two bathrooms where single mixer basin taps were fitted when the whole house was refurbished (8 years ago).

I asked the builder at the time, to source 'square waterfall taps' and waste kits/plug stops. These are chrome and looked great when new, but, over time the chrome has corroded/pitted/rubbed away in certain areas.

The taps have always been cleaned regularly without using abrasives. So I feel they should have lasted longer than they have. I suspect they are average quality (Arian brand).

Anyway, i want to replace taps and waste plugs with something that is 'higher quality'. Is anyone able to recommend brands names with modern designs, and quality finishes that are known to last for a while? Perhaps even 'commercial grade' stuff.

Thanks

Ive long harboured a suspicion that any brassware that's not a known European make like grohe , bristan, ideal standard is all made in the same town in china. It's exceptionally good for (some of) the prices you can get it but doesn't ever last well.

Ive long harboured a suspicion that any brassware that's not a known European make like grohe , bristan, ideal standard is all made in the same town in china. It's exceptionally good for (some of) the prices you can get it but doesn't ever last well.

Good to know these were amongst the brands I was considering going for.

Bristan or grohe for me

Also, does the same apply for quality waste kits? Same brands or other recommendations links?

I need one slotted and one unslotted (both chrome and push type). Again, my existing ones look a mess (with corrosion and chrome flaking, etc).

Yes, same. Btw, a flip rather than a pop up catches less crud and there's less workings to go wrong

Brand in my opinion is actually irrelevant if you live in a hard water area. Yes, known branded taps will last longer then the cheaper versions but they will all go the same way in the end mate.

Brand in my opinion is actually irrelevant if you live in a hard water area. Yes, known branded taps will last longer then the cheaper versions but they will all go the same way in the end mate.

Yes true, i am in a hard water area, but do have a water softener too.

Although my shower fixtures were installed at the same time and they're as good as new.

Reply to Recommendations for basin taps and waste kits in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock