From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Recommend me a fuel transfer pump. in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

DaveyHep

New tank going in and need to transfer a thousand litres of kero.
can anyone recommend a decent transfer pump.
Loads on eBay but interested to hear personal experiences.
thanks.

A

apcdave

thanks.
I take it that was nooo suggestions/ideas then

Gazzt

Gazzt

I have two pumps, one I use will an electric drill it's a metal pump made by wolfrace I think around £35. Its a good pump it will take quite some time to transfer a thousand litres. The second pump I have is around £300 pound and is self priming and would transfer 1000 liters in about 10 mins. It has a meter on it that counts the amount transferred. If you are going to use a pump for one job buy a cheap pump, if you plan to use it for multiple jobs, you would be safer going for a decent pump

Best

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Piusi transfer pump is very good and I have a 240 volt version which pumps a litre a second. Fairly inexpensive and just got to try to use it on pure oil and remove the filter and cover to clean inside the pump very frequently, if not after every use.

F

freeoil

thanks.
I bought a 700 watt cast iron and brass pump direct from the factory in Italy.240v forward and reverse self priming.Ive had it approximately 6 years and just transferred 1000 litres of light oil and it took 45 minutes using 3\4 hose pumping a distance of 15m.It cost me £48 plus £15 delivery.Same pump here over the counter is £140.The pump is on site still so i will get back to you with the manufacturer.Highly recommend it.Handy for all sorts

Reply to Recommend me a fuel transfer pump. in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads