Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend me a boiler insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering can I survive on this forum asking such a tragic question :)

In an ideal world I would like to get the plumber or boiler guy out to repair my goods but @ £75-100 per hour its not something I can afford really especially having had several problems in the last year alone with boiler break downs and central heating in general, maybe in my own case its better to get insurance.

I have crossed off the big brands ie Corgi, British Gas or anyone with excess charges am left with:

Help-Link (£17.99 no excess, all parts+labour, claim not to bump up price following year)
Swale heating (£15.50 no excess all parts+labour and same claim as above)
Homeserve (£25 no excess, all parts+labour but they do bump up price each year)

Anyone had any experience with staff or engineers with the above 3 on my short list ?

Read the terms and conditions of each one. Any kind of insurance you take out, always look to avoid paying out and try and get out of it.

Go to a comparison website and search for Home Emergency Cover, you should be able to find something more than suitable for less than a tenner a month.

Without looking too hard...

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 16.34.47.jpg

Last edited:
The ones I've heard people complaining about are best off with a brand new system then they are starting at an even starting point and it gives the insurance company less wriggle room to get out of stuff

get insurance if you feel the need but i advise people to save what they would spend on insurance then if you have a problem you have the money either to pay in full foir repairs or if you have no break downs after you have monbey towards the cost of replacing your boiler. insurance if you never claim is dead money.

Put what your going to spend in a separate bank account every month and there's your insurance / new system fund

Sound advice so far from all thanks

Have used comparison sites before and yeah have recently learned the hard way many of these insurance companies with boiler or emergency protection do there absolute best to claw or get out of doing the job, have to read tncs or play a chess game with them.

I would in an ideal world prefer to save the £££ towards a boiler emergency pot but when guys charge £100 per hour its tricky around here.

Try manufacturer of your boiler for a quote, the will have parts for your boiler on the van and will quickly diagnose and fix boiler through experience. If boiler should fail after repair they will return to put it right without hassle.

What boiler have you got?

99% of time I would say don't bother with cover the get out clauses they basically don't want to fix your boiler. But with certain boilers I recommend them.

No experience of others but, I started doing a bit for Corgi Homeplan in Jan and haven't been to a boiler that they refused to work on, the opposite in fact, had a couple of leaking rad tails/air vent plugs and they recommended replacing with new rads
Don't know their charges mind

With Shaun on this one, jar or account, put your money in and spend it when needed with a good local engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend me a boiler insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock