Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend a new gas boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a micromat EC31 system gas boiler (30kW heating 36kW DHW) and spares are getting scarce, boilers not manufactured any more.
The existing boiler is weather compensated, separate Ch and DHW circuits within the boiler (so new boiler would require a diverter valve) and the DHW (200l Gemini duotank) has priority demand which I would like to retain
The UFH circuits and rads run at a boiler flow temp of 55 / 60*
What would be a good reliable boiler to replace above.
Thanks
Paul C

Its white box in a cupboard.
Its not sat on your driveway for the neighbours to admire.
Which companies have short waiting times in the middel of winter?

I'm not familiar with that boiler but that CH water temp is high for weather comped UFH system? Consider zoning it properly with hydraulic seperation, how big is the house?

Hi gemartine,
The house (3400 sq ft) has 10 UFH loops in seven ground floor rooms using Heatmiser programmable stats in each room, other rooms on the first floor are in two heating zones controlled by Honeywell room stats.
The UFH blending valve is set at 58*at the moment with a return temp of 38* (I am having an issue with the manifold pump, the design requirement for total flow to all loops is 10 lt/min and the pump is giving me around seven so I have increased the temp to get more energy into the floor until the weather warms up, I don't want to disturb the system at the moment as I am getting room air temp that is just comfortable)
Does the above cover "hydraulic separation" as I am unfamiliar with that term.
Thanks
Paul C

Hi gemartine,
The house (3400 sq ft) has 10 UFH loops in seven ground floor rooms using Heatmiser programmable stats in each room, other rooms on the first floor are in two heating zones controlled by Honeywell room stats.
The UFH blending valve is set at 58*at the moment with a return temp of 38* (I am having an issue with the manifold pump, the design requirement for total flow to all loops is 10 lt/min and the pump is giving me around seven so I have increased the temp to get more energy into the floor until the weather warms up, I don't want to disturb the system at the moment as I am getting room air temp that is just comfortable)
Does the above cover "hydraulic separation" as I am unfamiliar with that term.
Thanks
Paul C
Your gaff really needs a proper
heating engineer to be paid by you to design a fit and suitable system , then engage an outfit to install ...get quotes based on the specification ...its no good
trying to save lolly on here just bite the bullet
Rob Foster ....centralheatking

Where’s that come from Rob?
The system, designed by heating engineers twenty years ago, has worked fine up to recently ( as mentioned above) and is still giving the rooms the air temperature demanded by the room stat but because of a recent issue with litres/min through the loops I have lifted the flow temperature from 50* (designed) to 58*
I don’t need to investigate until there is a change either in the system or weather gets warmer
I don’t need anybody to sort hydraulic, plumbing, electrics, or most of the other trade issues, other than plastering, as I have done this myself over the last 40+years (including water side of boilers)
My original post related to a reliable boiler replacement
Please feel free to comment!
Paul C

What I have is the boiler, in the garage, about 8 mtrs away from the manifold (22mm flow & return) and the two other zones valves ( first floor rads and games room)
The boiler has it's own integral pump and adjacent to the boiler is a 15-60 Alpha circulating pump. powered through the boiler
The 10 port manifold has a 15-60 Alpha also.
The system (18 years old) has worked well up to this year but now is struggling to get the UFH rooms up to temp.
The problem I have appears to be the manifold pump output as I cannot get the designed flow through each loop (boiler output constant at 56* and bed rads up to temp)
I don't want to disturb it at this time as I am getting enough heat around the house but intend investigating / changing the pump when the weather gets warmer.
Don't let the info above confuse the original thread re; boiler, as the boiler is working well at this time but spares etc are an issue.
thanks

IMG_0089.JPG

Reply to Recommend a new gas boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock