Search the forum,

Discuss Recomendation for new boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Which regular gas boiler to replace the existing Potterton Suprima 60L ?
We live in a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 13 radiator detached house with a Accolade plus (SP) unvented mains pressure cylinder upstairs. We would like to replace our existing Potterton 60L (19 years old). Which is the best in terms to reliability, breakdown, efficiency etc? one other thing I should mention is that I have replaced 6 of the original radiators with modern retro style , which are slightly larger radiators (more volume). Do I need to get a engineer to make any calculation before I choose a new bolier?

Which regular gas boiler to replace the existing Potterton Suprima 60L ?
We live in a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 13 radiator detached house with a Accolade plus (SP) unvented mains pressure cylinder upstairs. We would like to replace our existing Potterton 60L (19 years old). Which is the best in terms to reliability, breakdown, efficiency etc? one other thing I should mention is that I have replaced 6 of the original radiators with modern retro style , which are slightly larger radiators (more volume). Do I nee
One of the most asked questions on the forum each installer has his favoured brand , i would say do your homework and choose a good local installer and be guided by them they will look after you and your new boiler for hopefully another 19 years. Kop

Good advice by Kop. I'd add boilers are just the "power unit" in the system. Bolt on and off, like F1 engines. Some long term reliable "Mercedes" some up and coming like "Honda", less reliable. Personally, I look for decent warranty (minimum 7 year probably 10 year is good), and a good service network to support warranty. Over a minimum 10 year payback period the price is secondary. Boiler efficiency figures are mumbo jumbo, and I real terms make little difference, compared with how you utilise your boiler usage.

Reply to Recomendation for new boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock