Search the forum,

Discuss Recessed or Surface mount shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badbob

Which is best recessed or surface mount? I do have a void for the unit it be fitted, it looks neater but what about maintenence, removal/replacement or checking/repairing leaks? Would removing the recessed unit mean damaging tiles? Are the surface mount types standard width for the pipes, so I could easily change from one unit to another without too much hassle?

Wow so many questions

Its difficult to say which is best as customer like minimal where you see just the handles the plate and the fixed head and some like traditional with exposed pipe work. Fitted correctly they are both servicable

Some recessed showers have isolation elbows which are revealed when the cover plate is removed, these are great!!!

The recessed showers should come with a plastering shroud to enable enough space for access. I have been to showers that are tiled right up to the valve which is awful when somwething goes wrong with it and you tell the customer that tiles will need to be broken to access it.

Depending on the recessed shower some have 90degree elbows some dont so centres differ.

Most importantly just make sure you can access it for servicing

ta going for this one

Artisan Thermostatic Surface Mounted Bar Shower Valve with Adjustable Riser Kit and New Fast Fit (AR SHXSMFF C)

Bristan-Shower-Artisan-ARSHXSMC-l.jpg

Bob

Good choice, I use Bristan bar valves most of the time now. With the new fast fix fitting they supply you have little chance of a leak inside the wall and are a piece of cake to fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recessed or Surface mount shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Seeking advice. I have a Triton Combi HP (8000/9000) mixer shower, which is giving thermostatic and cross flow issues. I can confirm cold back flowing into hot, because the hot feed is ice cold. I have 3 of these identical showers, and the hots are much warmer than the colds on the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have a 2013 Better Bathroom wall mounted cistern. The inlet valve (?) on the left side has been dripping and - we think - overfilling the cistern so it then leaks through a joint in the cistern. Picture of the valve unit is below. My question is whether there is any way to track...
Replies
Views
My mixer bar shower gave up the ghost on its thermostatic mixer valve, so the water wouldn't heat up. I was advised to replace the mixer bar so I got a Briston Frenzy. It requires me to screw in a mounting plate over the existing pipes. However, the previous installed mounts are directly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock